Instagram lets you upload photos from your smartphone. But if you don’t have one, you might be wondering whether it’s possible to do the same from your computer. Or maybe you want to do it anyway. Well, it’s possible. In this article, we will show you how to upload photos to Instagram from your computer.
To upload photos to Instagram from your computer, you’ll need to run the Instagram app on your system. A software named BlueStacks helps you to run the app inside a virtual environment.
Steps to upload photos to Instagram
2. Download and install Instagram in Bluestacks by double clicking the .apk file. Launch Instagram from BlueStacks’ library. (You might have to install Android-Market-Installer in order to run Instagram on Bluestacks)
3. Login to Instagram (You need to sign up for Instagram in order to use it, if you haven’t already yet).
4. Click the icon at the bottom right corner >> Click the top right icon next to the Search button >> Camera Settings and uncheck ”Use Instagram’s Advanced Camera” option.
5. Click on (Camera icon) at the bottom of the app. A menu pops up asking you to provide a source for the photos to be uploaded. Select Photo Gallery.
[ Update: For people having problems with syncing Photos from hard drive, check out How to directly Access your local files from BlueStacks on Windows. ]
6. You should see all the photos from your Windows default Pictures folder. Look for the photo you want to upload from the Gallery, and select it.
7. Crop/Resize the photo and click Accept.
8. Apply Instagram filters to the photo (if you want to), finalize your changes and click in the top right corner.
9. Fill up the details and click Upload in the top right corner. And you’re done!
Update: We have found out that some of our readers have faced problems while installing the Instagram app. Users get errors like Apk Installation failed: INSTALL_FAILED_INSUFFICIENT_STORAGE or Apk Installation failed: INSTALL_FAILED_INVALID_APK when they double click on the .apk. For similar " Apk Installation failed" problems, try to install apks from within BlueStacks instead of double clicking them from Windows. Read this article to find out how to access your local files inside BlueStacks. Now download and install the Android Market Installer using OI File Manager inside BlueStacks. And then install the Instagram app in the same way inside BlueStacks. Doing this will also solve the "Dismiss" Sign Up error.
Before running the Instagram app in Bluestacks, ensure that you place all the photos you want to upload, in the default pictures directory (C:\Users\[Username]\Pictures\ for Windows Vista, 7 or 8, assuming C is your Windows directory). It takes some time for BlueStacks to Sync all your photos to the gallery. So be patient till it’s done.
You Might Also LikeHow to upload photos to instagram from computer (online) by David